Mental disorders have a large stigma in America, but by having celebs with a disorder who open up about their struggle, it has become more acceptable. When celebs with a disorder explain their situation to the public, they have become role models to others struggling with the same disorder. Here are some famous celebs that have a disorder and have opened up doors to others suffering from the same situations.
1. Michael Phelps
Not many people are aware, but one of the most famous celebs with a disorder is Michael Phelps. This Olympic medalist has been battling #Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) since he was 9 years old. ADHD is a disorder that gives #people a lot of energy and makes it hard for them to focus on tasks at hand. By having an outlet — swimming — that allowed him to focus, Phelps battled this disorder to become one of the most successful Olympians ever.
- Ten Year Old Fan Makes Justin Timberlake Cry during Concert & It's so Sweet ... 1257
- 9 Celebrities Who Hid Their Baby Bumps While Filming ... 583
- 10 Celebrity Posts You Might've Missed This Weekend ... 461
- 10 Celebrity #TBT Photos You May Have Missed This Week ... 402
- 7 Celebrities Who Went from Modeling to Acting ... 387