7. Off Court
Serena seems to be as busy and committed off court as on.
In between showing women’s tennis who’s boss and training, she finds time to indulge her passion for fashion.
Many a time she’s made a head turn with her eye-catching choice for on-court wear, including outfits of denim and leather (not at Wimbledon – where the dress code is strictly white only).
And she has her own label of accessories and apparel called Aneres, as well as a signature line of handbags and jewelry.
She speaks fluent French, has appeared as voiceover and on-screen for TV and movies, done commercials, written books and, of course, a mound of charity work.
Along with her sister, she’s a part owner of Miami Dolphins and in April 2015, Serena became the first black female athlete to have a picture by herself on the cover of Vogue.
Serena recently announced her engagement to Alexis Ohanian, co-founder of Reddit.
Let’s finish with a tribute from former World Number One and three-time Grand Slam champion Lindsay Davenport:
"Serena has shown that you can be tough, you can be fearless, you can be courageous, you can be a competitor and you can still be a woman."
In short, a magnificent role model for us all.
If you want a little more info about this magnificent athlete and amazing woman, read Tom Fordyce’s article – it gives some interesting insight into her insecurities and passions.
- 7 Ways to Control Anger on the Tennis Court ...
- Objection! Check out the Weirdest Lawsuits the Courts Have Seen ...
- 7 Cute Socks to Show off in High Heel Shoes ...
- 10 Adele Quotes 💭 That'll Skyrocket 🚀 Your Confidence 😁 ...
- Inspirational Advice from Celebs 🌟 for Girls Who Want to Live Life to the Full 🙌💞💐 ...
- Why Serena Williams is an Awesome Role Model ...